Inspirational quotes have always helped me when going through hard times. Here is a compilation of best uplifting or just deep and meaningful inspirational quotes people should live by if they want their life to be stress-free, happy, and righteous.
Inspirational quotes for going through hard times
- Buddha was asked: “What have you gained from meditation?” He replied: “NOTHING. However, let me tell you what I lost: anger, anxiety, depression, insecurity, fear of old age and death.”
- You only have control over three things in your life: the thoughts you think, the images you visualize, the actions you take.
- I forgive people. It doesn’t mean I accept their behavior or trust them. It means I forgive them for me, so I can let go and move on with my life.
- Before you speak let your words pass through three gates: is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?
People often worry about different things most of which are nothing else but just illusions drawn by their negative minds. Terrifying news, TV-series, movies, gossips, sad songs instill those small negative ideas into our minds and our minds are good at blowing up those small ideas and turning them into huge fears and beliefs that influence our everyday decisions and thus, our life in general. A negative mind will never give you a positive life which is why it’s important not to let negative states of mind persist. There is an explicit article Stress Relief: Beyond Relaxing Music and Relaxation Candles where I explain why negative states of mind are so damaging, how they can ruin lives, and most importantly, what to do in order to make your life stress-free.
Most people are governed by their ego. The ego wants control and power because it lives in fear. But the truth our ego denies is that there’s nothing in our control except for the thoughts we think, the images we visualize, and the actions we take. You can’t control other people or situations, so loosen your grip on control and if there’s nothing you can change to improve some situation, just let things happen as they are supposed to, without needless worrying.
Meditation is a powerful tool for overcoming many negative states of mind. See how I managed to overcome social anxiety without a psychologist but with help of meditation and questioning my beliefs about people and the world.
It’s important to forgive people who hurt you because by doing this, you do a favor to yourself. Forgiveness doesn’t mean you should accept and tolerate similar behavior or that you should trust those people or become friends with them. Forgiveness is letting go. It’s also important to forgive yourself for your past as well.
To avoid needless stress caused by confronting people, always let your words pass through gates before you speak: is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?
- What you think – you become. What you feel – you attract. What you imagine – you create.
- A positive mind finds opportunity in everything. A negative mind finds faults in everything.
- Overcome the angry by non-anger. Overcome the wicked by goodness. Overcome the miser by generosity. Overcome the liar by truth.
- Open your mouth only if what you’re going to say is more beautiful than silence.
If you look at your own life or the lives of people you know closely, you’ll probably notice that the quality of somebody’s life is a reflection of their mindset. Some people are positive, confident and see opportunities in everything, even in obstacles, while other people are negative, see only problems and faults, some never take responsibility for their life, etc. Everything in this world is energy. And even if you don’t believe me, start thinking positively, don’t stay in negative states of mind for a long time, look at problems and obstacles from another angle: think how they can help you improve, and you’ll see that your life will start changing. See a related article Stop Complaining: Our Life Is the Result of Our Past Choices.
To maintain this positive mindset, remember or save somewhere one of these inspirational quotes that goes: “Overcome the angry by non-anger. Overcome the wicked by goodness. Overcome the miser by generosity. Overcome the liar by truth.” Remember to open your mouth only if what you’re going to say is more beautiful than silence and this rule will help you avoid quarrels, conflicts and related to them negative thoughts, overthinking, anxiety, anger, and other negative states of mind.
- Talk softly. Breathe deeply. Dress smartly. Work patiently. Behave decently. Eat sensibly. Sleep sufficiently. Act fearlessly. Think creatively. Earn honestly. Save regularly. Spend intelligently.
- When things change inside you, things change around you.
- Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive, it will take their breath away.
- Do everything with a good heart and expect nothing in return and you will never be disappointed.
The above inspirational quotes are helpful not only when going through hard times but they also can help improve our quality of life. We are often misguided by negative people and negative situations. Some people even prefer to focus all their attention on bad things and it starts to seem that only bad things surround them. But it’s just an illusion drawn by their negative mind. Everyone has ups and downs. I don’t know if life is fair but it definitely doesn’t just want to completely destroy someone’s life. People are responsible for the decisions they make in accordance with their negative or positive mindset that influence their lives.
- How people treat you is THEIR KARMA, how you react IS YOURS.
- Don’t treat people as bad as they are, treat them as good as you are.
- When the student is ready – the teacher will appear.
- Don’t get upset with people or situations. Both are powerless without your reaction.
It’s easy to react aggressively to treatment you don’t deserve and it’s much more difficult to react in a calm way or even ignore the situation if possible. Defending yourself and protecting your boundaries is indeed super important (see why in Self-Care is Making Yourself Your Priority) but aggressive (including passive aggressive) or violent behavior is often just too much. You don’t have to revenge people who hurt you. Remember that karma will most probably do it for you. Treat people not as bad as they are but as good as you are. You don’t have to focus on negative emotions they made you feel. Forgive and forget. Do it for your own mental health. Focus on your personal development instead and make sure you progress in life. When you achieve everything you have ever wanted, there will be no need to feel sad about that situation when someone hurt you. It’s not worth your time! Life is much more than a bad situation. Just keep moving forward preserving a positive mindset.
Bad situations happen and will keep happening to us until we learn from them what we need to learn. Bad, confusing, disappointing and other situations as well as toxic, manipulative, aggressive people come to our lives in order to teach us something when we’re ready for it. Consider this to be kind of an exam. For example, if you have problems with aggression, you will face an aggressive person yourself and you will keep facing such people until you change your own attitude. React to any situation like the best version of yourself would. Remember to not get upset with people or situations because both are powerless without your reaction.
- Judge nothing, you will be happy. Forgive everything, you will be happier. Love everything, you will be happiest.
- At the end of the day I am at peace, because my intentions are good and my heart is pure.
- It takes nothing to join the crowd. It takes everything to stand alone.
- Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.
Keep in mind those inspirational quotes for going through hard times or download them and use as phone wallpapers or lockscreen. In case you are looking for more inspirational quotes for going through hard times, see 42 Positive Affirmations with Wallpapers for Phone, Life-Changing Affirmations for Women, and 40+ Motivational Quotes for Success.